Subscribe to my very occasional newsletter and receive a free download of the story before the story of The French Duchess. Use this link only to receive your download. https://bookhip.com/CSJPGQ.
Pleases welcome Jessie Clever, author of Inevitably a Duchess. Jessie adds a London library to our travels. Here’s Jessie.
I’m proud to own a passport littered with stamps, but when I began writing Jane and Richard’s story, I didn’t travel far for it wasn’t the location that was important in this story. The story unfolds in London as many historical romances do. Having been blessed to live in the UK for a time, London will always hold a special place in my memory, but it’s a more special place that drew me to this story.
It was a library.
Specifically, the Duke of Lofton’s library. A grand space in a London townhouse, a place that is at once well-appointed and yet cozy, welcoming, and warm. A room surrounded by shelves of those things we love (books!), and filled with the light and love of a young family. It was in this room that I set the stage for a story of second chance, of daring to love once more.
I will be the first to admit that I am a fan of the romances that include sweeping moors and courageous adventures across angry seas. But there was something about this story that demanded a more intimate setting. Settings sometimes get lost in the rich texture of the story, but I believe a setting is another tool an author can use to build the story, another layer to give the story vibrancy. And for Jane and Richard, there is nothing better than a room that promises more than meets the eye.
Blurb: Lady Jane Haven had to find a reason to survive, a purpose to carry on when it seemed God would not just let her die. Widowed after an abusive marriage, Jane seeks solace in the arms of the one man she has always loved. But her scars run deep, and the physical comfort her lover brings does little to heal her pain.
Richard Black, the Duke of Lofton and spy for the British War Office, waited for her, watching as the agony of marriage broke the woman he loved. His instincts tell him to protect her at all costs now that she has come to him, but when Jane stumbles into his current case investigating a bodysnatching ring, his intentions prove harder to meet than he had anticipated.
As a treasonous plot threatens their chance at love, can Jane find the strength to be his duchess?
Inevitably a Duchess: http://bit.ly/1fdAUnY
Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/1cGPnXV
All Romance eBooks: http://bit.ly/HE1MkW
Ella Quinn is one of my favorite people whom I’ve never met in person. She is a fellow veteran–although Ella chose the US Army, while I chose the USN. That link, shared service, has been the foundation for a friendship that has lasted more than ten years. In addition to being one of my favorite people, she is a talented author and a fascinating person. But I’ll let her tell you about herself, so you’ll see how fascinating she is. Please welcome, Ella Quinn.
Please tell us a little bit about yourself: I had several lives before deciding to be a writer. I dropped out of college and to tend bar and play in a rock band. Enlisted in the Army for five years. Got out and went back to college. After getting an MS in International Relations, I attended law school and went back in the Army for several years. I’ve lived all over the world and now reside in the Caribbean. About a year and a half ago, I decided to write Regency romances. I have an agent and am currently on submission, but not yet published.
Please share with us your current project (does not need to be a writing project) I’m writing my 6th book which is the second of my second series. It’s about a very politically conservative, priggish, young marquis who falls in love with a reformer who is the daughter of a country baronet.
1. Please answer at least five of the following questions. Your answers may be but do not need to be ‘true.’ I highly recommend using no names or changing names to protect both the innocent and yourself.
2. What’s the color of your toothbrush? Blue and white, because I could find a different color.
3. What cd is in your cd-player right now? It’s a Beautiful Day.
4. How much do you use ketchup? (1 – not at all, 5 – on all foods) 1
5. Are you a “dogperson” or a “catperson”? Both. I have a Great Dane and a Chartreux cat I picked up in Belgium after our old cat died. Americans were not allowed to adopt from the pound.
6. What’s the meaning of life? Love.
7. What’s the model of your mobile phone? I have an iPhone.
8. What time do you normally go to bed on a working day? 10:00 PM
9. What is the most distant place you’ve visited (from your home)? Home is wherever I am.
10. In scale from 1-5, how afraid of dark are you? 1
11. The person you would never want to meet? Georgette Heyer.
12. How much cash do you have on you? $7.00 and 50 Euros.
13. What’s a word that rhymes with TEST? Best
14. What shirt are you wearing? Tank top.
15. What do you label yourself as? I don’t.
16. Name the brand of shoes you’ve recently worn. Teva flip-flops.
17. Bright room or dark room? Bright
18. What were you doing at midnight last night? Sleeping.
19. Where is your nearest 7-11? Probably about 1500 miles away.
20. What’s a saying you say a lot? Spit in one hand and wish in the other, see which one gets full faster.
21. Who told you they loved you last? My husband.
22. Last furry thing you touched? The dog.
23. Favorite age you’ve been so far? The age I am now.
24. What is your current desktop picture? Palm trees and water.
25. What was the last thing you said to someone? Actually talking to a person? I love you.
26. If you had to choose between a millions bucks and being able to fly, which would you choose? The million bucks.
27. What is your favorite cheese? Smoked Gouda.
28. What’s the longest you’ve gone without taking a bath? I was in the Army in the woods for a week.
29. What is your best physical attribute? (Then, you can dare the person to show you their best physical attribute.) My smile.
30. You just got a free plane ticket to anywhere. You have to depart right now. Where are you gonna go? Austria. The ski lifts are open.
31. Upon arrival to the aforementioned location, you get off the plane and discover another hundred-dollar bill. Cripes! Now that you are in the new location, where are you gonna go to spend that? Lift tickets.
32. An angel appears out of Heaven and offers you a lifetime supply of the alcoholic beverage of your choice. “Be brand-specific” it says. Man! What are you gonna say about that? Even if you don’t drink booze there’s something you can figure out… so what’s it gonna be? Châteauneuf-du-Pape
33. Rufus appears out of nowhere with a time-traveling phone booth. You can go anytime in the PAST. What time are you traveling to and what are you going to do when you get there? I’m going to Regency England to study the culture.
34. What is your favorite expletive? Shit.
35. Your house is on fire! You have just enough time to run in there and grab ONE inanimate object. Don’t worry, your loved ones and pets have already made it out safely. So what’s the one thing you’re going to save from that blazing inferno? My laptop.
36. The Angel Of Death has descended upon you. Fortunately, the Angel Of Death is pretty cool and in a good mood, and it offers you a half-hour to do whatever you want before you bite it. Whatcha gonna do in that half-hour? Make love to my husband.
37. You accidentally eat some radioactive vegetables. They were good, and what’s even cooler is that they endow you with the super-power of your choice! What’s it gonna be? Wiggle my nose like Samantha.
38. This question still counts, even for those of you who are under age. Check it out. You have been eternally banned from every single bar in the world except for ONE. Which one is it gonna be? That’s hard. Either The bistro in the bistro on the corner of Avenue de la Motte Picquet and Avenue Bosquet in the 7th arrondissement Paris or La Chevre d’Or in Eze, France.
39. The Celestial Gates Of Beyond have opened, much to your surprise because you didn’t think such a thing existed. Death appears. As it turns out, Death is actually a pretty cool entity, and happens to be in a fantastic mood. Death offers to return the friend/family-member/person/etc. of your choice to the living world. Who will you bring back? My mother.