Please Welcome Author, Margery Scott
Welcome Margery, please tell us about yourself and your latest project.
Although I was born across the pond in a small town on the Scottish borders, I now live in Canada on a lake with my husband of a kazillion years. I spent almost my whole working life in the medical field, and didn’t even think about writing until after my children were gone and I stopped working. When I did start, it seemed natural to write the genre I’d loved since I started reading romance – western historicals. I have seen some of the western US, but not nearly enough, so I spend as much time as possible searching for the perfect setting for my next novel. When I’m not writing or travelling, you can usually find me wielding a pair of knitting needles or a pool cue.
My latest release is The Morgans of Rocky Ridge: Trey, the second book in a trilogy of western historical novellas centered around two brothers and a cousin who live and love in the Colorado Rockies. I’m currently working on Zane’s story, which should be available in late July.
1. What’s the color of your toothbrush? Red
2. Are you left or right eyed? Right
3. Are you a “dogperson” or a “catperson”? Definitely dogperson, although I admit my son’s two cats are slowly worming their way into my heart.
4. What’s the model of your mobile phone? Good question. I don’t even know where it is since I haven’t used it in months.
5. What is the most distant place you’ve visited (from your home)? Either way, Scotland to Canada, but they’ve both been home, so do they count?
6. In scale from 1-5, how afraid of dark are you? If my honey is with me, 1. If not, it depends on what I’m watching or reading.
7. When you looked in the mirror first thing this morning, what was the first thing you thought? Oh, crap! It wasn’t a dream. I’m still old.
8. Bright room or dark room? Bright
9. What were you doing at midnight last night? Even though I’m not American, I’m invoking the 5th Amendment
10. What’s a saying you say a lot? “There is no try, there is only do.” – Yoda. (I’m not sure if that’s the exact quote, but it’s close.)
11. What is your current desktop picture? Beach, palm trees and turquoise water.
12. If you had to choose between a millions bucks and being able to fly, which would you choose? Definitely a million bucks, since I’m a white-knuckle flyer at the best of times. Then I could hire a chauffeur to drive me wherever I wanted to go.
13. The last song you listened to? I’m Yours, by Jason Mraz. I don’t know why, but that song just makes me happy.
14. An angel appears out of Heaven and offers you a lifetime supply of the alcoholic beverage of your choice. “Be brand-specific” it says. Man! What are you gonna say about that? Even if you don’t drink booze there’s something you can figure out… so what’s it gonna be? Malibu rum, because it goes really well with all kinds of mixers.
15. Rufus appears out of nowhere with a time-traveling phone booth. You can go anytime in the PAST. What time are you traveling to and what are you going to do when you get there? As much as I love writing about the past, I wouldn’t really want to live there. Being a woman involved hard work without an electric stove, a blow dryer and a computer. And then there’s the issue of inside plumbing
When Trey Morgan wins half a saloon in a poker game, he heads back to Rocky Ridge, Colorado to sell his share and move on, back to the life he loves – no responsibilities, no ties. But he doesn’t expect his partner to be Claire O’Doyle, a beautiful Irish redhead who captivates him like no other woman ever has.
Claire O’Doyle has no use for men like Trey. They remind her too much of the father who abandoned her and her mother. She’d love nothing more than to pay Trey off and get him out of her life. But someone is trying to run her out of Rocky Ridge, and she doesn’t need the distraction of a man whose charm makes her forget her vow to stay away from gamblers.