Which First ~ Book or Chocolate?
You can win a $20.00 Ghirardelli Chocolate Gift Card. Why Ghirardelli and not some other maker of fine chocolates? My first western historical, One Moment’s Pleasure is set in San Francisco, 1870, and my hero, importer-exporter Dutch Trahern, has a fondness for chocolate. He fell in love with the dark, semi-bitter, sweet when one of his clients—a Mr. Ghirardelli—offered Dutch a sample. You’ll have to read the book to discover the small part that chocolate plays in bringing Dutch and his heroine, Edith Alden together. However, all you have to do to win the gift card is vote.
Below is a list of four out-takes (I like to call them word-bites) from One Moment’s Pleasure. In your comment tell me by list number which word-bite is most likely to interest you in reading One Moment’s Pleasure. I’ll draw the winner’s name from the word-bite with the most votes. Tell me why you voted for a particular word-bite, and if you voted for the winning out-take, I’ll put your name into the hat twice. Sorry only one vote per person and you must leave your e-mail address to be included. I have to be able to contact you to send the gift card. Winners will be notified at my earliest opportunity and announced on this blog http://rueallynauthorblog.com/ by 9:00 AM EST Feb 15, 2013.
One Moment’s Pleasure will become a lifetime’s passion when spinster, Edith Alden, embarks on a search for her missing sister. Pretending to be a rich bored woman looking for an interlude with an anonymous male Edith enters the San Francisco bordello where her sister was last seen. She escapes the bordello almost too easily, but she can’t escape the passion ignited by a stranger’s kiss.
Born and raised in the brothels of the California gold rush, Dutch Trahern worked for years to erase a childhood spent committing petty crimes and worse in order to survive. That past comes back to haunt him in the form of a woman he rescues from prostitution. Now his hard won respectability is threatened by an irresistible desire for a woman he shouldn’t want. woman he rescues from prostitution. Now his hard won respectability is threatened by an irresistible desire for a woman he shouldn’t want.
Want to know more about Dutch, Edith and One Moment’s Pleasure? Visit my website http://RueAllyn.com. Oh, you just want to vote for your favorite word-bite so you can win the chocolate? Sorry for the delay, here are your options:
- He saw it coming, and if he’d believed she’d follow through, he might have stopped her.
- She cradled one hand against her waist, using the other to fight a losing battle with the decolletage that slid lower with each step as she backed away.
- He couldn’t pull his eyes away. “For petesakes put your clothes back on.”
- For the third time in almost as many days, Dutch had a female at his feet. He stared at the woman sprawled before him. She was beautiful. Naked and beautiful and not moving. How had he gotten into this situation, and who would believe it if he told them?
To vote, remember:
- In your comment identify by number the word-bite most likely to interest you in reading One Moment’s Pleasure.
- Tell me why you’re voting for that word bite to increase your chances of winning
- Leave your e-mail address so I can contact you if you win.
- Example. “I vote for bite # __ , because. . . . You may contact me at .”
- Only vote once.
Check http://RueAllyn.com for more on One Moment’s Pleasure and about other events where you can find me and chat or maybe win something else.